About


About the Blogs Author

My career choices have necessitated that I work in many confined or isolated and hostile environments. 

These work locations have ranged from Canada’s arctic regions on the edges of the Beaufort Sea to the Sahara Desert and include working in the air, on mountains, in forests and underwater. 


I am a former member of a dedicated team that built a cutting edge (1977) deep diving submersible capable of 2000 foot dives with lockout at 1500 feet for twin divers. I have also participated in a year long study of cold water affects on the human body conducted through  the Defense and Civil Institute of Environmental Medicine, Canadian Forces Base Toronto (Downsview). This experience included saturation diving at The Duke Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Environmental Physiology, Duke University, North Carolina.

A logical thinker having spent 17 years working in the computer environment I have also been a corporate trainer and project manager for a national company working on Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.

The reason for this blog is that I have always believed I was born 100 years to late to sail on the clippers and 100 years to early to sail to the stars - but hoping.  


Continue

Comments