The First Crew



Today, just for fun I am going to start a list of people I have "discovered"  through my interests in Space and off-world habitation, who I think should be on the first expedition to Mars. (or elsewhere)

I am obviously at the top of my picks as being the first person to set foot on another planet, but will not bore you with that. (read about me here if you are interested in who I am and what I am about) - https://lsamosata.blogspot.com/2020/08/about-blogs-author-my-career-choices.html

Preparing this list is not going to be an easy task as being an "astronaut", is about so much more than donning a spacesuit and taking a ride on a rocket. (That is simply the means of getting to the job site.) It is about ambition, preparing the mind and body, and having a sense of community with humanity. It is about being able to work with and help others as the first crew will be totally dependent on so few for survival.

Picking the correct "mix" of  people based on politics, race, religious beliefs, family influence or money would lead to an unmitigated disaster. I do not believe that NASA or any other national space agency or government should have the sole "right" to pick and choose who will go.

Note that these choices are the embodiment of the character and dedication that would be required for a successful mission off-world. 

So, here is the start of my choices for the members of the first crewed space flight to Mars. I will add more names as they become apparent:

Enjoy: 

Comments